Sexual Health Australia Privacy Statement
When you look at this web site, Sexual Health Australia Pty Ltd makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site you have visited
- the type of browser you are using.
Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit our website. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
We use electronic images known as Web bugs - sometimes called single-pixel GIFs, transparent GIFs, or clear gifs- that allow us to track general user traffic patterns.
Why we collect this information
- We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- keeping count of return visits to our site
- accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web site usage
- determining which pages and features users like best
Access to information collected
We will not make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider's logs.
Use of information collected
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your explicit consent.
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.